Position Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: Central Lines
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 12
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta is accepting applications for the position of Heavy Equipment Operator in the Utilities Department. This position operates a backhoe, excavator, front-end loader, bulldozer and other equipment and vehicles. Maintains assigned equipment; conducts pre- and post-trip safety inspections. Performs excavation and site repair duties. Repairs landscaping, roadways, driveways, and sidewalks. Operates a variety of hand and power tools. Transports equipment, materials and personnel to and from work sites. Assists in the repair of water and sewer mains, fire hydrants, and water valves. Makes water and sewer taps. Flags traffic at work sites. Responds to after-hours emergencies when on-call. Provides supports to other divisions and to contractors as assigned. Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of water distribution and wastewater collection system operation and maintenance principles, hazards inherent to utility maintenance work and the safety measures used to mitigate those hazards, the operation, maintenance and repair of a variety of job-related tools and equipment.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions, operation and maintenance of heavy equipment, use of hand and power tools, establishment of safe work zones, and effective oral and written communication.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Georgia CDL Class “B” required
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.