Position Title: Crewleader
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Hourly Rate: $15.04
Pay Grade: 12
Announcement Type: Internal/External
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Engineering Department is accepting applications for a highly motivated individual for a Crewleader position. This position supervises and participates in the work of a crew of personnel engaged in the repair and maintenance of city's streets and/or the stormwater system. Supervises and participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of drainage ditches, storm pipes, catch basins, headwalls and other stormwater structures; cleans drainage ditches, catch basins and storm pipes; installs pipes, catch basins and headwalls. Supervises and participates in the maintenance and repair of city streets and sidewalks; performs asphalt and concrete construction and/or repair work. Maintains records of crew time, inspections and completed work orders. Orders materials and equipment needed to perform projects and tasks. Responds to and resolves customer complaints. Transports crew, tools, equipment and materials to and from work sites. Trains new personnel.
- Knowledge of street and/or stormwater system maintenance principles, equipment operation principles, masonry, asphalt, and concrete construction principles, supervisory principles and practice, work safety methods, vehicle and equipment maintenance principles.
- Skills in the supervision of personnel, operation of a variety of job-related equipment, preparation of a variety of reports, prioritizing and organizing work, use of hand and power tools, oral and written communication.
- Obtain work zone certification.
- At least one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a related field.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Valid Georgia CDL Class “B” preferred. Valid Driver’s License Required.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check and pre-employment physical and drug test.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.