Position Title: Refuse Collection Driver
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Hourly Rate: $15.04
Pay Grade: 12
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Division: Residential Garbage
Facility: Public Works Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Refuse Collection Driver. This position operates a truck along an assigned route to collect and transport commercial waste, residential waste, and yard waste; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections; completes required reports and logs; drives a refuse collection truck along an assigned route to collect solid waste, commercial waste, or yard waste; transports refuse to landfill; washes exterior or vehicle; keeps interior free of trash; performs routine maintenance on truck; checks fuel, oil and other fluids; oversees the work of personnel assigned to the truck; follows all traffic laws and regulations; maintains radio contact with dispatcher.
- Knowledge of city streets and landmarks, equipment operation principles, traffic laws, department and city policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations, supervisory principles and practices
- Skills in the supervision of personnel, operation of assigned vehicles and equipment, problem solving, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) to three (3) years experience in a related field
- Valid CDL class B or higher required
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may also apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
No Phone Calls Please, we are unable to give status updates.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.