Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Recycling Center
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 12
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Recycle Attendant. This position is responsible for the safe operation and supervision of the recycling center, including equipment and supply maintenance; responds to recycling truck drivers and to other wishing to utilize the recycling center; provides daily supervision of recycling center operations; maintains recyclable materials processed and baled and in their respective bins, boxes or trailers; maintains equipment and supplies; insures recycling center is clean and safe, and insures that the tipping floor is free of debris by keeping recyclable materials pushed into their respective bins; maintains accurate records and paperwork for operation; operates all machines at recycling site including baler, front-end loader, forklift and separator/blower, and scales.
- Knowledge of sorting and separating recyclable materials
- Skills in operating a baler, front-end loader, forklift and aluminum/metal can separator and can crusher/blower, working with contract workers, prison guard and prison detail, maintaining office records, and dealing with the public
- At least one (1) to two (2) years experience in a related field
- Possession of a valid CDL Class "B" or higher required
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.
Posted by Berna Hepburn March 29, 2017 Categories: $30k - $40k Full Time