The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for a Chief Building Inspector/Plans Examiner. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with building construction codes and related ordinances, and providing training and supervision to building inspectors and plan examiners.
- Reviews and approves construction plans and specifications for compliance with the applicable building, electrical, fire protection, gas, mechanical, plumbing, energy, and accessibility codes.
- Conducts on-site residential and commercial building construction inspections to ensure code compliance.
- Performs business license inspections.
- Maintains a log of daily inspections performed.
- Maintains a filing system for plans and drawings.
- Interprets and discusses construction codes and related ordinances with designers, contractors, property owners, inspectors, plan examiners and the general public.
- Investigates complaints related to construction code and ordinance violations.
- Informs designers, contractors of deficient plans; recommends corrective actions for code and ordinance violations.
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances governing the inspection process.
- Knowledge of structural, electrical, gas, mechanical, plumbing and fire prevention codes for building construction.
- Knowledge of the geography, subdivisions, and streets of the City.
- Skills in using computers, scales, various measuring devices and instruments, voltage meters, and a variety of hand tools.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with a high school diploma and three and five years of experience in plans examining. Possession of a Georgia Driver's License, possession of an ICC Certified Building Official (CBO) Certification at the time of employment or within the first year of employment and possession of an ICC General Plans Examiner Certification at the time of employment.
Minimum starting salary is $51,647 plus an excellent benefits package. The position is open until filled.
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER