The City of Stockbridge has a job opportunity for a Water System Superintendent, who meets the requirements for this position. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the Water Department, which includes the functional areas of production, treatment, distribution, conservation, and water resources; responsible for the administration and supervision of day-to-day operational programs, budget, capital programs, development of strategic objectives, activities and other functions relating to the development, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of departmental processes and facilities; supervises department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of the Water Department. Directs the daily operational functions of the Water Department by reviewing production data, process control parameters, reporting data, and implements programs to improve and maintain water services operations. Ensures safe, efficient operation and maintenance of processes and facilities, including compliance with all city, state, and federal regulations. Evaluates, plans for and advises on new water supplies, future system improvements, and reviews design documents and specifications for facility expansions. Represents the department in water infrastructure planning and development with developers, contractors, and consultants;
- Writes and reviews department comprehensive reports on water operations, production improvements, water supply, demand, conservation, and similar water resource issues. Validates and provides information as required to local, state, and federal agencies and city management;
- Directs and manages employees. Prepares and reviews performance appraisals, work schedules, staff training and provides overall leadership to the Water Department including administering disciplinary action to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with the City’s personnel rules and policies. Conducts meetings, and participates in the employee hiring process;
- Develops, implements, and administers policies and procedures, strategic plans, emergency operating procedures, long-term plans, and goals and objectives focused on achieving the Water Department’s mission and City Council priorities;
- Integrates and directs the efforts and results of staff engaged in the maintenance and repair of the City’s water distribution infrastructure;
- Advises the Public Works Director, City Manager, Mayor and Council, citizen groups, individuals, contractors and others on departmental issues;
Administers department budget by projecting annual operating costs, preparing budget requests, reviewing and approving purchases, overseeing major equipment purchases, and monitoring department expenditures. Prepares schedules and budgets for implementation of the Water Department
- Assembles necessary resources to solve a broad range of programmatic and service delivery problems in the delivery of water services;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in water technology, physical science, utility system maintenance and repair, construction technology, business administration, or a closely related field supplemented by seven (7) years of responsible experience in a water distribution system maintenance program including three (3) years of supervisory responsibility, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job; valid State of Georgia Driver’s License; must possess, or obtain within 12 months of hire, a valid Georgia Water Treatment Operator Class III certification.
Must possess a valid Georgia Water Distribution Operator Certification.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications/experience.
How to apply:
Complete a City of Stockbridge job application at http://www.cityofstockbridge-ga.gov/.
Upload a copy of your resume indicating the position you are applying for or you can fax both documents to 770-626-4237 or you can mail your application to City of Stockbridge, Attn: Human Resources Office, 4640 North Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281. Closing date for accepting applications and resumes will be open until filled.