CITY OF AVONDALE ESTATES
DEPUTY CITY MANAGER/FINANCE OFFICER
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2018
NATURE OF WORK:
(Job objectives state the actual purpose for the employment position in question)
This position is responsible for:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (EJF)
- Administration, organization and direction of the financial and accounting operations of the City.
- Preparation of financial data and documents.
- Preparation and administration of the annual budget.
- Supervising the preparation of the annual audit.
- Management of investments and debt financing.
- Supervise IT (information technology) functions for the City.
- Other duties as assigned by the City Manager.
(These are the job functions deemed to be essential to attaining the actual job objectives)
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (NEJF)
- Supervise, evaluate, counsel and complete subordinate employee performance appraisals; address employee concerns and problems; and direct the daily tasks associated with this position.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, cost reports and other pertinent documents and reports used by the City.
- In conjunction with the City Manager, prepare, administer and monitor annual budget expenditures for all City funds.
- Works with City Auditor-prepares schedules required for the audit and CAFR preparation.
- Prepares schedules for Defined Benefit deductions and 457 plan deductions.
- Reviews applications and issues permits for business licenses.
- Represent the City on outside committees.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints, refund requests, etc.
- Manage city-wide purchasing function.
- Handles Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions; signs checks.
- Administer employee benefit plan, including processing insurance claims, settling disputes, etc., coordinating payroll function.
- Attend seminars and training courses to remain knowledgeable and improve efficiency.
- Must be proficient with Excel and Microsoft Word software.
- Coordinates Risk Management functions.
- Assist other department personnel as required.
(These are the marginal tasks performed by the incumbent)
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to analyze and apply advisory data and information such as financial statements.
- Ability to analyze and apply procedures, guidelines, non-routine correspondence and laws.
- Ability to calculate percentages, fractions, decimals, volume, ratios, present values, and interpret basic descriptive statistical reports.
- Apply situational reasoning in exercising judgment, decisiveness and creativity in areas involving control and planning of a project and program.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and proficiency with current software.
PAY GRADE AND FLSA STATUS:
- Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university, degree in accounting or finance preferred. Must have an MBA or MPA.
- Must be familiar with governmental accounting and all GASB pronouncements.
This is an exempt position for the purpose of determining FLSA employment status.
Compensation is directly related to qualifications.
Salary Range: $85,000-$120,000
(These are the machines, devices, tools and equipment used in job performance)
- Computer (personal, networked)
- Copy Machine
- Fax equipment
- Communication equipment
(The place(s) where work for this position is performed)
The job is primarily performed in the office.
Requirements included in this class specification are subject to possible modification.
The official City of Avondale Estates Employment Application must be submitted along with a resume and cover letter. No resume will be accepted without the City of Avondale Estates Employment Application which can be found here: https://ga-avondaleestates.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/45/Employment-Application-?bidId=
. A hard copy version of the application is available at City Hall.
Applications can be submitted to Gina Hill, City Clerk, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
, regular mail to 21 North Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates, GA 30002 or dropped off at City Hall to the same address.