$17.80 - $22.25/hour
November 29, 2018
Closing Date: open until filled
Under the general direction of the City Engineer, this position maintains and/or designs traffic signals, caution lights, school flashers, vehicle approach lights, street signs, and pavement markings, and to trim trees and limbs from obstructing roadways and traffic signal devices.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Installs and maintains traffic signals, caution lights, school flashers, and vehicle approach cabinets/lights maintains ground and aerial traffic signs.
- Designs and installs street signs and road signs; installs new signs; replaces faded or damaged signs or poles and determines location and sign needed; installs all road construction signs; Operates bucket truck in the installation, repair, and maintenance of signs and signals.
- Designs, installs, and maintains pavement markings; installs roadway delineators; grinds out old traffic markings and cuts vehicle detector loops on roadway.
- Makes all decisions on signal repairs; repairs signal on flash and communications problems; maintains a signal preventative maintenance program; replaces electronic parts; moves signals for road widening.
- Maintains computerized listing of lights needing replacement or repair; replaces signals damaged as results of tornadoes, accidents, or other incidents; maintains inventory of signal replacement parts.
- Maintains city signs; installs, straightens, or replaces signs; orders all supplies for sign design and construction; maintains sign inventory; designs city signs; Locates underground wires and conduit.
- Paints all stop bars and crosswalks; stripes parking lots, single lines, double lines, and arrows; stripes and designs intersection and traffic lanes.
- Any other related duties.
- Vocational/Technical degree with training emphasis I electronics; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training that includes sign, signal, and pavement marking installation, repair, and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain valid certification in Work Zone and Flagging, I.M.S.A. Signal I & II, I.M.S.A. Signs and Markings I & II, and certificates of training in 2070 controllers, Eagle, and Transyt systems.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including appropriate endorsement(s).
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *