November 28, 2018
Open Until filled
The purpose of this position is to assist the traffic signal technicians maintain traffic signals, caution lights, school flashers, vehicle approach lights, street signs, and pavement markings, and to trim trees and limbs from obstructing roadways and traffic signal devices.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Installs and maintains traffic signals, caution lights, school flashers, and vehicle approach cabinets/lights; maintains ground and aerial traffic signs.
- Installs street signs and road signs; installs new signs; replaces faded or damaged signs or poles; determines location and sign needed; installs all road construction signs.
- Installs, and maintains pavement markings; installs roadway delineators; grinds out old traffic markings; cuts vehicle detector loops on roadway.
- Trims trees and limbs obstructing roads, vision, and overhead wires.
- Pressure washes graffiti off roads, sidewalks, bridges, and signs.
- Erects banners for various City functions; decorates Christmas trees and buildings
- Operates bucket truck in the installation, repair, and maintenance of signs and signals.
- Paints stop bars and crosswalks; stripes parking lots, single lines, double lines, and arrows; stripes and designs intersections and traffic lanes.
- Assists other department areas as needed.
- One (1) year previous experience and/or training that includes sign, signal, and pavement marking installation, repair, and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain valid certification in Work Zone and Flagging.
Applications must be submitted online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *