|Primary job function and duties:
The Water Plant Operator must exercise independent judgment for routine and non-routine operation of a 1 MGD surface water treatment plant for production and distribution of drinking water that meets or exceeds the parameters of regulatory agencies, following established plant operational procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to: performance of quality control testing procedures; measuring and adjusting chemical feed rates; operating and monitoring pumps; operating filtration units; monitoring consumer water usage and adjusting distribution system control equipment accordingly to maintain necessary tank levels while meeting the demand. This employee will maintain chemical inventories, plant operation reports, and assist with minor mechanical work and routine equipment maintenance. The new hire must be able to obtain a level III Georgia State Surface Water Operator Certification within 12 months of hire date. The Water Plant Operator must have mechanical aptitude and good communication skills. The physical duties include: walking, lifting to 50 lbs, reaching, climbing, and standing for long periods of time. The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office software (indicate on application)
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
- Georgia State Level III Surface Water Operator Certification or Water Treatment Plant Operational experience (indicate on application)
- 1-year operational experience in a Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Experience with rotating shifts (Must indicate on application)
- Familiarity with SCADA as an operational process tool (Must indicate on application)
- College level coursework in environmental science, chemistry, biology, hydrology, water & wastewater engineering or related (Must indicate on application)
Starting Salary depends on qualifications and certification held:
Level III - $28,706 +, Level II - $31,686 +, and Level I - $34,975 +
How to Apply: Online application Resumes, with cover letter including reason for interest in position, may be submitted by:
Attn: Teresa Duval
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail or in person: City of Social Circle
PO Box 310
166 N. Cherokee Road
Social Circle, GA 30025
Resumes should include at least three (3) professional references.
End Date: Applications must be received by the close of business on Friday, Dec. 14,2018