At Union City, we are guided by our mission and vision, to proudly promote community growth with municipal services and programs, and to make bold, visionary plans to push toward the future. We do this by having the right people in the right place and by creating a culture of service and execution. Make a difference where it counts by joining our team!
As part of our team, members benefit from alternative work schedules, in-house training programs, clearly defined career paths, on-going development opportunities, and a competitive benefits package, just to name a few.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City.
• While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
• Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
• Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Operations Coordinator and Marketing Specialist with strategic communication of information and messages to both internal and external customers.
• Develop important written communication mediums for the Operations and Marketing divisions (e.g. City News Letter, web postings, and brochures).
• Promote the City and educate targeted audiences regarding the City’s programs, activities and initiatives.
• Creates and evaluates the work of City operations to support efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
• Assesses community and citizen needs.
• Design, write, edit, produce and distribute approved news releases, brochures, website articles, fact sheets, City advertisements, and speaking points for public presentation; determine distribution to appropriate audiences; promote events to media; serve as point of contact for news releases and media advisories.
• Build and manage the City’s social media profiles and presence including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
• Assist with the coordination of municipal activities in collaboration with other departments.
• Assist with the coordination of the City’s special events including concerts, outdoor movies, festivals, etc.
• Helps with project management efforts, post-event follow-up, and action steps as assigned by the City Manager.
• Manage and monitor website and accuracy of information on website and update as necessary.
• Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our City both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
• Assist the Marketing Specialist with running regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
• Assist the Marketing Specialist with concepts, graphics and layouts.
• Assist the Marketing Specialist with design and produce dynamic professional marketing materials including but not limited to: videos, displays, banners, signs, invitations, publications and logos.
• Assist with event planning, including Maintain assigned databases to support marketing and Public Relations goals and objectives.
• Analyze and provide input in establishing budget requirements.
• Actively participate in regular meetings with management and other City personnel.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with the development, implementation, administration and maintenance of special grant and award recognition programs; these activities involve considerable writing, evaluation, reporting, and monitoring efforts.
• Assist Operations Coordinator with City Departments to conduct research and secure timely resolution of a wide variety of citizen problems and concerns.
• Assist the Operations Coordinator and Marketing Specialist with the facilitation and communication from department heads, and department coordinators through the Mayor’s office. Ensure appropriate and timely responses are provided by following up as needed.
• Review and research statistical and administrative information as needed for the Operations Coordinator and Marketing Specialist.
• Perform a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations.
• Using current computer software programs to prepare drafts of documents and finished documents, reviewing finished materials for completeness, accuracy, format, compliance with policies and procedures, and appropriate English usage.
• Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention
• Any other duties as assigned