$12.18 per hour
January 17, 2019
FEBURARY 3, 2019
Under the direction of the Library Director, this position will perform routine clerical functions in support of library operations.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally works up to 18 hours per week.
Must be able to work days, evenings and/or weekend.
Essential Job Duties
· Performs customer service functions at circulation desk, reference desk and youth services desk; provides assistance and information related to library services, fees, procedures, or other issues.
· Checks library materials in/out; scans materials in library’s computerized circulation system; provides patrons with due date information; retrieves books from book drop; identifies reserved books; sorts/arranges materials on book carts for shelving; separates new books for display on new book shelves.
· Places books/materials in appropriate shelving areas; sorts and shelves books, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual materials in appropriate order.
· Assists library patrons identify and locate appropriate materials related to customer queries.
· Schedules/reserves use of library meeting/conference rooms by patrons or community organizations.
· Monitors inventory levels of library supplies; initiates requests for new or replacement materials.
· Answers the telephone; provides information and assistance; takes/relays messages or directs calls to appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary.
· Develops and designs special displays and theme displays; creates, edits, proofreads, and/or posts flyers, brochures, and posters to promote special events/activities and to creatively display new acquisitions to increase circulation.
· Performs related work as required.
Minimum Requirements of Position
· High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience as a paid or volunteer employee and/or training involving library work, general clerical work, customer service or personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
· Must be flexible and able to work day, evening and weekend hours.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *