||$65,453.00 - $75,270.00 Annually
|This position is most senior in its classification. It is responsible for providing support to the Engineering Manager in managing and directing assignments which includes surveying, design and mapping, land development engineering review, drainage management, construction quality control, construction standards compliance, regulatory compliance including MS4 permit, Georgia Department of Transportation federal aid projects and other related engineering assignments. Reports directly to the Engineering Manager and works closely with the AED managers and planning & development staff. This position will also work with Georgia DOT personnel, design consultants, developers, surveyors, citizens, and other city departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs engineering and ES&PC reviews of site, subdivision and other developments plans, proposed drainage designs and Stormwater Management Plans. Supervises Engineering inspection and ES&PC inspection program of public and private land development activities, serves as a resource for subordinate personnel and acts as a liaison to interact with GA EPD and GASWCC.
- Provides support to the Engineering Manager by directing, managing, and guiding all design, surveying, land development engineering review, construction and drainage, and infrastructure maintenance staff in the Engineering Department. Prepares construction plans and engineering studies, prepares construction cost estimates, and reviews construction plans and specifications. Implements Final Plat And As-built process, R/W Dedication process, and the Driveway Permitting process. Manages design consultants on large-scale county projects.
- Serves as a Project Manager for Georgia DOT projects, monitors projects during the planning and design stage, and maintains status reports and design schedules.
- Evaluates the current Inspection program and suggests process and procedure improvements to create a positive measurable impact on the quantity, quality, and performance of inspections.
- Manages drainage related matters and complaints by conducting field assessments, problem identification and resolution, surveying, plan production and technical support during problem resolution. Investigates Augusta Cares Work Orders.
- Evaluates the current Engineering program and suggests process and procedure improvements to increase productivity.
- Supervises and trains designated subordinate personnel. Develops training material. Trains and serves as resource to subordinate personnel.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction, or Engineering Science.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity in stormwater management, drainage design/inspection, development plan review and water quality assessment.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of surveying, roadway and drainage system design, construction cost estimating and construction management
- Extensive knowledge of the AASHTO manual, the MUTCD manual, the Highway Capacity Manual and storm water management system design
- Considerable knowledge and experience in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D or similar roadway and drainage design software
- Proficiency in designing and preparing street and roadway, and drainage construction plans, preliminary construction cost estimates, and engineering studies
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Possess or have ability to obtain Georgia E&S Level 1B within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess or have ability to obtain Level II Design or Review Professional within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment.
|This position requires staff call up in an emergency situation and travel from officer to other locations.
Positions in this class typically require: intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, reaching, pulling fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, work is performed in an office setting.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.