The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for Police Officers. This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and the protection of life and property.
Major duties include:
- Patrols assigned zone to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls relayed by the communications officer, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
- Conducts preliminary inquiries into misdemeanors and field interviews, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing the crime scene.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including juveniles.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other officers as necessary.
- May perform desk officer duties including: answering telephone and directing calls as necessary; monitoring police radio traffic; entering data in the department records management system; monitors, enters, and retrieves data from GCIC/NCIC; and, receives money for bond and fine payments.
- May participate in or conduct presentations to citizen groups.
- Provides first aid and CPR to victims as necessary and assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings.
- Be 20 Years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a DD 214 if ever served in the Armed Forces
- Be able to pass a written exam, physical agility test, psychological screening, polygraph examination, and background investigation
Minimum starting salary is $36,552.09 plus excellent benefits. Please submit applications and resumes online at: https://ga-hinesville.civicplushrms.com/careers
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER