This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating and implementing a full range of human resources, benefits and training programs.
- Assists the Human Resources Director with ensuring overall compliance with Federal, State and local regulations by providing specialized technical and administrative duties that support the operations of the department.
- Organizes, schedules and conducts New Employee Orientation, Open Enrollment meetings, Safety and Wellness Program activities, DOT Training and other county-wide training programs; assists with the development and creation of employee training materials.
- Performs claims management of all work-related injuries, acts as the liaison between the employee and medical providers, claims examiners and supervisors. Receive and review all doctor’s notes and communicate to departments relevant information. Schedules appointments and coordinates the filing of first reports and submission of all claims information to insurer.
- Performs case management of all personal leave of absence requests including FMLA, Short-term and Long-Term Disability, acts as the liaison between the employee and medical providers, claims examiners and supervisors. Receive and review all doctor’s notes and communicate to departments relevant information. Coordinate Return to Work Program by working with supervisors and doctors to ensure accommodation of any restrictions.
- Participates in the selection and recruitment process including preparation and posting of job vacancies announcements to newspapers and websites. Process all applicant files, pre-screens applications, complete applicant tracking, contact applicants to schedule interview and may sit in on interview panels in the absence of the HR Director, may research and prepare interview questions and packets, and conduct reference checks.
- Facilitate daily activities including payroll, reviewing all changes prior to entry to ensure accuracy of documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public Administration, Risk Management, Organization and Employee Development or related discipline.
- Three years of human resources, personnel administration, policy development, risk assessment, employee training, organizational development or related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for the position.
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check, Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
Habersham County is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
: Please submit a resume along with a completed application. All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com
. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 301. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.