An employee in this position performs skilled work in operating and maintaining a variety of heavy equipment for the assigned department. Work involves operating a variety of heavy equipment such as garbage truck, leaf truck, tractor, open bed truck, etc. Position primarily operates street sweeper and vacuum leaf collector.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as team leader for designated truck.
- Ensures each route is finished each day.
- Works with residential and commercial owners.
- Transports fellow sanitation collectors to pick up and remove trash, yard waste, debris, and recyclable items from businesses and residential properties within the City.
- Ensures crewmen are performing their jobs.
- Leads crew successfully through task and safely to destinations.
- Keeps the route clean of brush, limbs.
- Completes Trip Evaluation Summary Reports.
- Receives and/or reviews various records and reports including work assignments.
- Prepares and/or processes various records and reports.
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, codes / laws / regulations, publications and reference texts, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment and vehicles including trucks, garbage trucks, leaf trucks, tractors, open bed trucks, etc.
- Uses a variety of tools including rake, shovel, pitchfork, etc.; and a variety of supplies including gloves, vest, rain suit, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the Foreman, co-workers, residential and commercial owners, and the general public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two (2) years of practical training and experience operating heavy equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Class B CDL license.
E-mail a completed application for employment and/or your resume to email@example.com Title the subject line of the e-mail, “Equipment Operator”