The City of Guyton is seeking a Fire Chief to plan, direct, organize and coordinate the activities of the Guyton Fire Department. The Fire Department is subject to ISO inspections. Necessary knowledge/skills are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of modern fire suppression and prevention and emergency medical services principles, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Working knowledge of first aid and resuscitation techniques and their application as demonstrated through State E.M.T Certification; Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, ordinance, departmental standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to train and supervise subordinate personnel.
- Ability to perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to create/present to Council/implement annual budget
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Ability to effectively give and receive verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and public.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized training in fire department administration.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License with Commercial Driver’s License endorsement or certification of Emergency Vehicle Accident Prevention Program (EVAP) without record of suspension or revocation in any state.
The City of Guyton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in any of its employment practices, programs, services or activities. All applicants must apply to:
City of Guyton
Attn: Daniel Hofman, City Manager
PO Box 99
Guyton GA 31312