The Downtown Development Authority of Pembroke , (Hereafter also referred to as “DDA”) seeks Bids to provide all materials, labor, tools, equipment, permits licenses, etc. for the construction of Camellia Row, Single-Family Housing Project located at 0 Camellia Drive, Lots A, B, C, & D.
Sealed Bids will be received on behalf of the Downtown Development Authority of Pembroke (DDA)
by the City of Pembroke, City Clerk, 160 North Main Street, Pembroke, GA. 31321
until (10:00 a.m.), July 19, 2019)
, for a General Contractor, to provide all materials, labor, tools, equipment, permits, licenses, etc. for the construction of Camellia Row, Single-Family Housing Project located at 0 Camellia Drive, Lots A, B, C, & D.
- Single Family Housing Development
The successful bidder shall be responsible for the turn-key construction of Single-Family Housing Development and Public Facilities Improvements located at 0 Camellia Drive, Lots A, B, C, & D. The proposed developments shall consist of four Single-Family homes. The project area for each of the Single-Family dwellings will range from 1,277 square feet up to 1,472 square feet. In addition, there are small porches on each building. The buildings are to be wood frame construction with pre-engineered wood roof and floor trusses. Exterior materials are to be Hardiplank exterior siding and architectural fiberglass shingle roof. Windows will be single hung vinyl with vinyl shutters. Interior finishes will consist of gypsum board walls and ceilings. Floor finishes will include vinyl and carpet. Kitchen and bath cabinets are to be painted with laminated counter tops. Exterior doors are to be insulated metal and interior doors are to be hollow core.
- The successful bidder shall provide all furniture, fixtures, and equipment as shown on the architectural plans titled Camellia Row.
- The project must meet all requirements of the International Building Code and the Georgia Accessibility Code. This construction shall be completed in accordance with local building codes, written specifications, and design drawings.
- Georgia Law requires Single-Family affordable housing projects awarded state or federal funds and constructed for individuals and families of low and very low incomes be constructed to be accessible (O.C.G.A. §8-3-172). Successful bidder must agree to adhere to “Visitability” requirements as defined in the bid packet.
- Each of the homes constructed will meet energy‐standards such as Earth Craft™, Georgia Power Good Cents Home™, or other similar standards applicable to the style or type of construction, to the greatest extent possible.
- All Universal Design Features must be completed as per architectural plans.
- Site Preparation and Grading
The project is located on approximately a 1.07-acre site in the City of Pembroke. The successful bidder shall be responsible for all site work as shown on the site plans titled: Site Plans for Camellia Row. Work shall include, but is not limited to, tree removal, grading, concrete driveway and sidewalks, gravel access road, soil erosion and sedimentation control, storm water infrastructure, water control, and all utility connections. The successful bidder shall be responsible for ensuring all proper construction standards are met including providing proper compaction of soil, aggregate, and pavement. The successful bidder shall ensure that site preparation and grading meet all applicable local, state, and federal soil erosion and sedimentation control requirements and storm water requirements. This construction shall be completed in accordance with local building codes, written specifications, and design drawings.
- The successful bidder shall provide all labor, tools, and equipment to complete all site development as detailed in the site plans for Camellia Row.
- The successful bidder shall provide a detailed pricing allowance for each of the four houses, infrastructure and site development, as well as detailed pricing for the gravel access road.