REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The City of Decatur, Georgia (“the City”) will receive statements of qualification from contractors prior to an invitation for bids for the ALLEN WILSON STORM DRAINAGE PROJECT until 3:00 p.m., on Thursday, July 18, 2019, at the following address:
City Manager’s Office
City of Decatur
509 North McDonough Street
Decatur, Georgia 30030
Contractors are invited to submit their qualifications to complete the work, which consists of demolition, installation of new storm drainage facilities, including reinforced concrete pipes, manholes, catch basins, soil erosion control measures, paving, traffic control and similar items. All statements of qualification must be submitted in the form specified, and copies of the form are available at the same address. Facsimile copies are not acceptable. Requirements of the form include:
1. Description of Contractor's experience (AIA Form A305);
2. Description of Contractor's special qualifications to do this work.
- Affidavit by Contractor related to ownership, non-collusion and equal opportunity requirements of the City;
- Letter from the Contractor's surety stating that the Contractor is eligible for a performance bond and labor and materials bond for this work.
- Client references from 3 recent similar projects including name, phone number and email.
- Executed forms indicating compliance with E-Verify requirement. Please note, only the Contractor’s E-Verify form is required for pre-qualification.
Preliminary contract documents are available on the City of Decatur website at www.decaturga.com/requestforproposals
. The documents available for the RFQ phase are preliminary and shall not be used for bidding purposes later. Any use of the documents for any purpose other than becoming generally familiar with the scope of the project is explicitly prohibited. This is not a request for proposals or bids to do the work.
All inquiries must be in writing to Jennings Bell, Project Civil Engineer at Jennings.email@example.com.
Based on the information received, the City will invite prequalified Contractors to submit a Bid for the Work. Prequalification shall be based on the following criteria:
- Ability to obtain bonding by surety approved by the City.
- Recent experience on storm drainage project(s) of similar complexity and cost of at least $750,000 value.
- Current resources and personnel sufficient for timely execution of the work.
- Experience free of claims or litigation on other projects that would impact this project, or indicate a likelihood of future claims on this project.
Prequalification as Prequalified Bidders for the Work, shall be made within ten (10) days of receipt of qualifications. Beginning no earlier than July 25, 2019 and no later than August 1, 2019, at 11:00 a.m., a list of Prequalified Bidders will be available. Contractors that are disqualified shall have three (3) days from this notice of disqualification to respond to such disqualification by providing a written response to Jennings Bell, Project Civil Engineer, City of Decatur, P.O. Box 220, Decatur, Georgia 30031 A reply from Mr. Bell will then be provided within seven days of receipt of such written response.
The selection of Prequalified Bidders will be final, without an appeal beyond the procedure stated above. A Bid Bond will be required as part of the Bid submission. The City reserves the right to reject any or all of the statements of qualification and to waive any informalities in the submission of the statements of qualification.
City of Decatur, Georgia