IT Support Technicians use their people-first attitude and resourcefulness to resolve a wide variety of user-level support requests from City of Norcross employees. Working closely with the IT Manager, IT Support Technicians provide Tier I support. The IT Support Technician role is ideal for individuals early on in their IT career, looking to grow rapidly in a complex IT environment.
- Troubleshoot and deploy workstations, printers, smartphones, and other equipment for the City.
- Provide first contact support and resolution of user problems for City employees.
- Maintain the hardware and software infrastructure of the City to maximize IT uptime and performance
- Take part in IT improvement planning sessions, to ensure the City is using the most effective and efficient means to manage IT resources.
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for top-priority employees, issues, and events.
- Complete projects as assigned by the City Manager, IT Manager, and other leaders.
- Document activities, steps to resolution and process improvements.
- Hours 12 pm- 9 pm, must be willing to work on-call
Salary starting at-$32,000 + experience, education
Applicants should submit resume and application to Human Resources at email@example.com Or fax at 770-662-0405. EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please
- 4-year college degree (IT relevance preferred)
- 1-3 years IT support experience
- IT Certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco a plus