The City of Norcross is seeking an Economic Development and DDA Director
to start immediately. The purpose of this position is to manage the economic development activities of the City and DDA under the general supervision of the City Manager. The incumbent will support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City and DDA.
- Assists with City and DDA property acquisitions and sale of properties.
- Retention and recruitment of businesses
- Assists with annexation and associated procedures.
- Drafts and review ordinances as related to economic development.
- Assists as needed in the administration of City Capital Improvement Projects to include, but not limited to the development of projects, budgets, and design. Ensures public involvement as needed.
- Reviews analyze and interpret data related to economic development.
- Maintains an awareness of new development programs, as well as state, local, private and public funding sources and grant opportunities; preparation, submitted, and grants for economic development.
- Promotes citywide economic development through education, advertising, networking, public relations and any other relevant and effective means. Attend business association meetings and encourage business development for Norcross.
- Supports retail, restaurant, commercial, residential and other business development within the City of Norcross and work cooperatively with the Downtown Manager along with landlords to bring viable businesses to the downtown area and retain existing businesses.
- Acts as a liaison to the Chambers of Commerce, Partnership Gwinnett, Gwinnett County Government, Community Improvement District (CID) and any other organization or group involved in economic development activities.
- Ensures that communications between the Council and the DDA are continually maintained and improved. Also, work hard to ensure that the Council and DDA are fully aware of potential conflicts.
- Remains abreast of and proactively addresses potential disputes between the Council and the DDA and take proactive steps to minimize potential confusion.
- Initiates economic development materials and programs for the City consistent with the adopted branding scheme and marketing plan. Contributes to the development of promotional and marketing materials, brochures and programs. Plans and executes business promotional events such as grand openings and ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Completes surveys and performs other tasks relative to economic development as requested by the City Manager.
- Works closely with the planning division on updating existing plans and documents to assure that an economic development perspective is included.
- Maintains accurate and up to date demographic data related to economic development programs.
- Coordinates all economic development programs such as Network Norcross, Annual Business Breakfast, etc.
- Conducts prospect site visits to existing industry inventory and expand with economic initiatives and other business activities as directed by the City Manager.
- Assures that all applicable economic development website pages are updated regularly and serves as valid tools for the development and business community in cooperation with the communications team (PR).
- Prepares, implements and monitors the economic development budget.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters Preferred) in Economics, Public Policy, Planning or applicable field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related field at the local government level.
- The successful candidate must have strong communication skills – both verbally and written.
- Proven ability to organize and manage teams.
- Valid State of Georgia driver’s license (Non-commercial Class A or B); with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Individual must be able to travel to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Experience and proficiency with Co-Star and Xceligent software tools.
Must be able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
Starting at $61,007 annually plus with education, experience
To be considered candidates should submit a resume and application to Human Resources at email@example.com Or fax at 770-662-0405. EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please