The City of Norcross is seeking a Full-Time Electric Groundsman
to start immediately. The purpose of this position is to perform work in connection with the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground power lines. This is an entry-level position on a career track within the Electric Department.
The incumbent in this position will act as a general helper handling cables, conduit, and other materials as directed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting in setting transformers, setting poles by shoveling or piking, filling anchor holes, and clearing undergrowth from right-of-way by using hand tools and/or saws.
- Digs holes put down anchors and trim trees.
- Assists with assembly and attachment of braces and pins to cross-arms make up guys and assists in setting poles.
- Uses hand lines in passing tools, equipment, and supplies to Apprentice and Journeyman Lineman.
- Assists in hanging transformers.
- Works as part of ground crew attaching transformers to supports.
- Uses ropes, blocks, shovels, wrenches, rules, pliers, connectors and saws while running service lines.
- Handles trouble calls during bad weather, if necessary.
- Performs increasingly difficult and more skilled work approaching the Apprentice level as the training period progresses.
Starting at $12.42 hourly
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- The ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation's Part 382 - Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Driver's License for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Must possess a CDL, or be able to obtain it within 6 months of employment.