Under the direct supervision of the City Manager, this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing the financial operations, and the overall administration of the Finance Division to include Purchasing, and for coordinating all financial activities of the city as directed by the City Manager, Finance Committee, and City Commission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, or closely related field required. CPA certification, Master’s in Accounting, MBA or MPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in governmental accounting and financial management, including 5 years of supervisory experience.
- In depth knowledge and skill in the understanding and use of the standards and principles used in the government finance area as defined by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Knowledge and skills in the areas of purchasing, tax, business license, and bond procedures.
- Ability to prepare a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations, and in interpersonal communication.
- Highly developed teamwork skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, Tyler/MUNIS Operating Systems helpful).
- Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, 700, and 800 within three (3) months of employment; NIMS 300 and 400 completion based on course availability.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in state of residency.