Sealed bids for construction of the project entitled “WTP #1 Electrical Improvements” will be received until 1:00 P.M. on Thursday, July 25, 2019
at the Kingsland City Hall, 107 South Lee St., Kingsland, Georgia 31548, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
Work to be Done:
The work to be done shall consist of furnishing all labor, equipment, tools and materials necessary to construct the project as shown on the construction drawings. In general, the work can be described as follows:
Replace the MCC and other electrical components at Water Treatment Plant #1 with new equipment in an existing space in another building. Work includes demolition and removal of existing equipment; installation of new electrical equipment; HVAC and lighting installation; concrete support pad installation; conduit, wiring, equipment and fixtures; any other electrical and mechanical service work; providing temporary generator power as needed; and all other incidental items as required to complete the work.
Time allotted for completion of work is 210 consecutive calendar days.
The work will be awarded in one (1) contract on the basis of the total lump sum bid.
- Specifications & Contract Documents: Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents are on file at Kingsland City Hall. Copies may be obtained from Carter & Sloope, Inc., by contacting Roni Dooley at 478-477-3923 or email@example.com, upon non-refundable payment of $100.00 per set.
- Contractor License: Any Contractor submitting a bid must be licensed by the State of Georgia. See Instructions to Bidders for additional bidding requirements.
- Bonds: Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful Bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the Bond.
- Funding: This project is funded in part or whole by GEFA SRF monies. All Bidders must comply with 41 CFR 60-4, in regard to affirmative action, to ensure equal opportunity to females and minorities and will apply the timetables and goals set forth in 41 CFR 60-4, as applicable to the area of the project.
- Reservation of Rights: Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.