The City of Guyton is hiring for the position of Public Works Superintendent to manage the day-to-day operations of the Public Works Department and the employees assigned to that department.
This position is responsible for preparing a work schedule and inspecting work being performed by employees of the department including streets/lanes, parks/recreation, and water/sewer, performing administrative duties such as, but not limited to, requisitioning materials, submitting government forms on time, and working with the City Manager to complete and operate within the set budget.
Necessary Knowledge/Skills/Abilities including but not limited to:
- Certification in water/sewer operations equal to the State of Georgia requirements
- Thorough knowledge of materials, equipment, procedures and methods used in public works construction and maintenance activities
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary to the operation of heavy trucks and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees, consultants, staff, and general public
- Considerable knowledge of basic street construction techniques
Education, Training, Experience:
- Graduation from high school or general equivalency diploma; and
- Extensive public works and administrative experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid GA driver’s license
- Water/Sewer Certifications preferred
While performing the duties of this job, you will occasionally be required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. You may also at times be required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and should be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
To apply, send the completed City of Guyton Employment Application along with your resume, and any certifications you have, to Daniel Hofman, City Manager, at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Guyton City Hall located at 310 Central Blvd. Applications will be accepted until 4:30PM on July 26, 2019.