The City of Stockbridge in Henry County is seeking a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician
. Stockbridge is a diverse city of approximately 26,071 residents located just 15 minutes south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The city operates with a staff of approximately 74 full-time employees and a combined operating and capital budget of $22 million. The City serves an area of 13.31 square miles. The City is financially healthy, has no city property taxes and is funded primarily through local option sales tax revenues and other tax revenues and fees.
The Facility Maintenance Technician will provide general maintenance to facilities and building maintenance. As a Facility Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. Responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, painting, carpentry and other building maintenance areas. Work can include working in tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
- Performs general maintenance and repair work in facilities.
- Responds to service requests to include but not limited to electrical, lighting, HVAC systems, appliances, disposals, general plumbing & fixtures, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, may be required.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that that equipment operates smoothly, efficiently, and physical conditions of the buildings do not deteriorate.
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive facility maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
- Assist in emergency maintenance as required, ie. Water leaks, appliance repairs, HVAC issues, etc.
- May have to assemble, install, and/or repair wiring, electrical components, plumbing and equipment.
- Diagnoses and corrects mechanical and/or structural problems, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs.
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, drills, etc., in ready repair. Operates trade related tools and equipment; maintains/assists an accurate inventory of all materials and tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and performs all work in accordance with established safety requirements, and customer needs.
- Handles hazardous materials in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Physical Demands: This work is performed indoors and outdoors with the employee sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, carrying pulling, balancing, kneeling or stooping and may require physical exertion over moderately long periods of time. The employee may lift light to heavy objects up to 50 lbs. and use equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
The minimum job requirements are
- Work Environment: Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor environment with or within water where the employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, slippery or uneven surfaces, confined spaces and possible sustained periods in hot, cold or inclement weather. The work may require use of protective devices such as gloves and safety jackets.
: High school diploma required or GED; a minimum of two to three years’ experience in building repairs, facility maintenance in area of assignment, experience with operating hand tools and general knowledge of the following maintenance trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general building maintenance; HVAC experience preferred. Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts. Must be computer literate. A valid State of Georgia driver’s license required.
Salary range is $25,465.44 to $39,471.43, depending upon qualifications and experience. The City offers an excellent benefits package, including 100% paid employee health benefits, 100% paid pension and no social security taxes. Residency in the City of Stockbridge is not required.
To apply go to www.cityofstockbridge.com
and complete an online application indicating the position you are applying for. You may also come into City of Stockbridge to obtain an employment application and send to: City Hall 4640 North Henry Boulevard, Stockbridge, GA 30281. Position open until filled.