The City of Perry is seeking qualified applicants for the position of City Attorney.
Salary Range: $72,800 - $116,800
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK:
Position provides legal advice to Mayor, Council and City staff. Represents the City in legal matters. Coordinates legal activities. Supervises assigned staff.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS:
- Attend all meetings of the City Council and provide responses/research as requested.
- Provide legal research for City Manager and department head requests.
- Coordinate legal services with contracted attorneys.
- Prepare/monitor responses to legal requests.
- Represent the City in legal court/hearing procedures.
- Prepare ordinances as needed.
- Coordinate real estate acquisitions.
- Represent the City’s response to regulatory bodies as needed.
- Provide legal advice to Council authorities, boards and commissions as needed.
- Monitor, evaluate and train assigned staff.
- Represents the City’s position in the Municipal Court of the City of Perry.
- Review contracts to protect the City’s interests.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily office, some outside travel, appearances in court, and night meetings.
- Supervise, monitor, train and evaluate assigned assistant city attorneys, legal staff and others as assigned. Monitor certified legal services for Municipal Court’s prosecuting attorneys.
- Possess and maintain a current membership in the legal bar of Georgia.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written business English.
- Experience with local government issues.
This position requires pre-employment and post-accident drug screening.
Complete job posting may be viewed on our website at www.perry-ga.gov. Applications/resumes may be submitted to City of Perry, Attn: Karen Bycenski, P.O. Box 2030 (1211 Washington Street), Perry, GA 31069; via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or faxed to 478-988-2716. Questions may be directed to Karen Bycenski at 478-988-2713.
The City of Perry is an Equal Opportunity Employer