REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Multi-disciplinary Professional Services
Related to Future Park and Leisure Improvements
City of Hiram, Georgia
The City’s Administration and Public Works Department hereby solicits statements of qualifications from interested firms or teams of firms with multi-disciplinary professionals. It is the city’s intent to pre-qualify up to three (3) firms or teams of firms to provide a multitude of potential project services.
Hiram, a growing city of approximately 4,000 residents, is actively considering various capital improvement projects, many of which relate to recreation and leisure. The city does not currently have an overall, citywide park and recreation master plan, but several different projects have been discussed and are under active consideration including the following (not necessarily in priority order):
- A plan for augmenting amenities at Ben Hill Strickland Sr. Memorial Park (Oak Street) in the downtown to include (potentially) improvements to the existing amphitheater, and improvements to the tennis and basketball courts, and potentially adding other amenities compliant with the Land & Water Conservation Fund requirements.
- Adding amenities to Homer Leggett Memorial Park, which would serve to enhance the use of the park as a “dog park” and as a prominent trailhead for the Silver Comet Trail.
- A plan for development of the newly acquired Oak Street Town Center Park (fka Ruritan Park), with new activity areas and enhancements as a multi-function recreation location, with a buildout of supporting infrastructure connecting to the Silver Comet Trail.
- Additionally, a plan for connecting all three parks from the Silver Comet Trailhead to the Historic Downtown.
The scope of projects is not necessarily limited to parks and leisure. For instance, the city has acquired a new facility on the Oak Street Town Center Park, and has the building located under the water tower that may be examined for potential reuse, demolition, or repurposing. The city also is in need of architectural/design services as they relate to gateway and downtown signage and therefore may be soliciting design work in that regard.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES NEEDED
The qualifications package should address capabilities in the following disciplines (teams of firms are acceptable if a given company does not have professional credentials in one or more of these disciplines):
REQUESTED QUALIFICATIONS CONTENTS
- Landscape architecture
- Planning (including park master planning) and urban/graphic design
- Civil engineering
- Construction cost estimating and management
If your firm is interested in providing these services to the city, please submit relevant information including but not limited to the following:
- Firm information. Description of firm or firms and basic information (type of company, location, employees, etc.) and disciplines provided.
- Description of similar projects. Provide local government names (up to 5) for which similar services were completed in the past. Please provide reference information for each similar project.
- Personnel. Resumes (1-2 pages each) of personnel proposed to work with the city in the various disciplines requested. Please specify the project manager.
- Rates. Hourly rates of proposed personnel by discipline.
A committee of staff appointed by the city manager will review statements of qualifications. The committee will score and rank the firms based on the following criteria (100-point scale):
- Experience and qualifications of the firm or team (up to 25 points).
- Qualifications of project manager (up to 10 points).
- Quality of the package submitted (up to 10 points).
- Fee proposal (up to 55 points).
The city may select one firm or may elect to pre-qualify up to three (3) firms for work, then prepare individual task orders and select one of the pre-approved firms based on appropriateness for the specific project being pursued. The proposal review team may interview up to three of the top-ranked firms proposing. The City reserves the right to select the top-ranked firm and negotiate a contract without conducting interviews.
Please send three printed copies of the qualifications package and one electronic copy in pdf format to Jody Palmer, City Manager, City of Hiram, 217 Main Street, Hiram, Georgia 30141.
Qualification packages should be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on July 25, 2019. The City reserves the right to accept or deny any submittals after the specified deadline.
Questions about this solicitation should be submitted, in writing, no later than 4:30 p.m. on July 19, 2019, to Darren Allen, Project Manager at email@example.com
Site visits may be scheduled by contacting the Project Manager to determine date and time.