The City of Tybee Island’s Finance Department is now accepting applications to fill a new position of Purchasing Buyer
in the Finance Department.
Under the direction of the Finance Director, this full-time position will provide administrative and coordination work in the procurement of goods and services; administrate procurement contracts and buying agreements. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal, state and government policies and procedures, and performing additional tasks as assigned. This position will also process the bi-weekly and monthly payroll. Work is reviewed through monitoring, feed-back from co-workers, and by observation of results obtained.
: Please refer to the Purchasing Buyer Job Description for the details on the job responsibilities. The job description is available on our website at www.cityoftybee.org
- Associate’s Degree preferred; supplemented by three to five years of experience in government purchasing; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer or completion of the Purchasing course through the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing a plus.
- Requires knowledge of indexing, entering metadata for files into Document storage system.
- Ability to obtain Buyer/Purchasing Professional certification in a public purchasing association such as National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, ISM, or NPI preferred within two or three years of employment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Outlook and other office equipment. Capable of usingfinancial management software.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the Finance Department and other departments within the City.
Applicants contacted for an interview for this position will be required to complete a proficiency test.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT SCREENING:
- Background check including credit check, criminal history check and driver’s record check.
- Drug and alcohol screening test.
Applications are available online at www.cityoftybee.org
or at City Hall, 403 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA. 31328. Please mail application and resume to: Human Resources, P. O. Box 2749, Tybee Island, Georgia 31328, or email to email@example.com
Depends on qualifications
Open Until Filled
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other legally protected status