Charles Abbott Associates, Inc. (CAA) is a contract service provider to state and local government agencies. The expertise we provide to agencies includes the departmental functions of building & safety, city engineering/public works, environmental, and fire prevention. With over 35 years of experience as a firm serving the public sector, CAA has earned respect in the industry for the outstanding service we provide our clients.
CAA is currently interviewing for a full-time Permit Technician to work in the City of Stockbridge, GA.
To perform a wide variety of technical duties involving the processing of permit applications, calculation of fees, and issuance of permits; to perform minor plan checking; and to provide information to developers, contractors, homeowners, and other members of the public at the Building and Safety Services counter and by telephone.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A minimum of 4 years of clerical/administrative experience
• Stable work history
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Extensive computer background
• A minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of the InCode and/or Cityworks PLL software preferred
Candidates with construction industry experience and /or experience working with the public are strongly encouraged to apply.