Under general supervision of a Public Works Crew Leader, performs skilled work pertaining to the maintenance and construction of City property, facilities, streets, and/or storm drains and related structures; operates and maintains specialized equipment related to assignment; and provides technical support to the Public Works Crew Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment; fuels and lubricates vehicles and related equipment.
- Operates City trucks, trailers, and tractors with attachments skillfully and safely; washes and cleans assigned vehicles; uses appropriate safety equipment; inspects vehicles and reports the need for major repair and service.
- Operates and maintains a variety of construction and maintenance equipment; such as light and heavy trucks, power tools, jackhammers, concrete saws, tampers, rollers, rodding machines, sewer flushers, bobcats, gas and leak detectors, and/or airless spray equipment.
- Operates and maintains a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Responds to customer complaints.
- Responds to emergencies in off-hours as required; may be required to work overtime and off-hour shifts as needed.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment.
- Takes initiative to seek out work, is proactive in addressing problems, completes tasks and follows through with work assignments.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other city employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job qualifies.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; additional specialized course work in public works construction and maintenance or a related field is desirable.
- One-year experience in buildings and ground maintenance is desirable.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license.
Please submit: (1) a cover letter of interest, (2) resume, and (3) the employment application (https://www.alpharetta.ga.us).
All documents may be submitted electronically by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to 678-297-6041. If you are mailing your submission, send all documents to Kathy Bott, Human Resources Manager, City of Alpharetta, 2 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30009. The position is “Open Until Filled” and may be closed at any time without prior notice.