|Under general direction of the Deputy Director, Finance, the Management Analyst will analyze situations, develop solutions and recommend action by performing a variety of professional, technical, and analytical tasks related to monitoring, mining, analyzing and interpreting data, departmental operations analysis, review and analysis of policies, protocols, procedures, and related performance metrics. In addition to assisting with the evaluation of major contracts to determine the cost effectiveness of in-house versus contract service delivery, the position will make recommendations to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness, and perform various other projects relating to finance and budget as assigned. This position will be required to work in an environment which requires creative thinking and is required to develop solutions which may be unique and not follow a set of established outcomes.
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of professional, technical, and analytical duties related to identifying alternative solutions, recommending alternative courses of action, monitoring, mining, analyzing and interpreting data: departmental operations analysis, review and analysis of policies, protocols, procedures, and related performance metrics. Proposes and defends to Senior Management a best approach.
- Assists with the evaluation of major contracts to help determine the cost effectiveness of in-house versus contract service delivery. Analyzes and recommends changes to those contracts. Reviews and approves accuracy of contracts and prepares reports justifying modifications.
- Conducts administrative studies and cost benefit analyses, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in accounting and budgeting duties
- Participates in annual budget analysis and preparation.
- Prepares and presents detailed and comprehensive reports to a variety of audiences.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as assigned by the Administrator or Finance Director or Deputy Director .
|Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or economics from an accredited college or university
Experience: Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible research and analytical experience in finance or related field, five (5) of which involved full-time experience in budget analysis, finance, economics, management analysis or governmental accounting.
Preferred: Municipal experience
- Highly qualified candidates will have knowledge and experience in a majority of the following areas: research and analysis, statistics, cost analysis, forecasting, report preparation and presentation, budgeting and economic forecasting, financial lean management or Six Sigma and other data analysis.
- Highly skilled in utilizing relevant computer programs to develop and present reports and data
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to clearly and convincingly presents facts, findings and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills
Certification: Prefer CPA, CPFO or CGFM
Licensing: Possession of a valid driver's license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment. This position requires driving a county vehicle*
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to evaluate, audit, deduce, and/or assess data using established criteria. Includes exercising discretion in determining actual or probable consequences and in referencing such evaluation to identify and select alternatives.
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to work with and apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others to coordinate programs or activities of a project, and resolve typical problems associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Verbal: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, advisory and/or design data and information.
- Math: Requires the ability to perform calculations for essential job functions.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory, judgmental, or subjective criteria, as opposed to that which is clearly measurable or verifiable.
- Physical Abilities: Tasks require the ability to perform sedentary to light work. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Environmental Factors: Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
|Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
535 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901