Pay Grade: 106
Job Code: TBD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This person in this position is responsible for operation of Commercial Sanitation Equipment such as Front End Loader Truck, Roll-Off Truck and related equipment to provide prompt service to all Commercial and Industrial customers of the City Sanitation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Operates Front End Loader Garbage Truck, Roll-Off Garbage Trucks, and related department equipment;
- Participates in scheduling work and Sanitation routes as necessary;
- Performs Daily inspection of related Trucks, Equipment, and Containers;
- Utilizes front-loading truck and roll-off truck in the collection and disposal of solid waste;
- Performs daily inspections on assigned vehicles;
- Collects solid waste from various locations and delivers to disposal facility;
- Checks with Supervisor, Sanitation Accounts Specialist and other clerical staff as designated for daily assignments;
- Notifies supervision of hazardous material in containers;
- Cleans and washes assigned vehicles; checks tires, oil, fuel, water levels and all aspects of the trucks and related equipment;
- Completes required documentation on daily activities/routes and forwards to supervision/clerical staff as required;
- Reviews data for complete and accurate information;
- Inspects waste for flammable and hazardous substances;
- Assists other employees in the performance of job functions;
- Receives customer complaints and requests and relays concerns to supervision;
- May be required to assist with training of Commercial Sanitation Operator Trainee.
- Performs other duties as directed by the department head and supervision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires High School diploma or equivalent; one (1) year of related experience; must possess and maintain valid Georgia CDL license; equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience operating related equipment such as Front End Loader and Roll-Off Garbage Trucks;
- Handling of use with equipment such as Front Load and Roll-Off Containers;
- Ability to complete work, reports and related assignments;
- Ability to work with other employees and the public;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of State Motor Vehicles Laws;
- Knowledge of geographical layout of the City;
- Ability to operate equipment and perform duties under a variety of weather conditions; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and the general public.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Georgia CLASS “B” CDL Driver’s License.
The work is medium work and requires balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, and visual acuity.
Incumbent works in an environment with heavy equipment and machinery that could result in bodily harm to co-workers or others.