City of Peachtree Corners is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Revenue Officer I who are highly motivated and passionate about serving customers and dedicated to superior standards and outcomes. Confident in their talent and expertise, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously with minimal guidance and direction. This is a dynamic and hands-on position, directly involved in assisting taxpayers with new and renewal applications for Business Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) & Alcoholic Beverage License, plus revenue collection of franchise fees, excise taxes, etc. and performing additional tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing of new and renewal applications for Business Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) and Alcoholic Beverage License.
- Monitors active and delinquent businesses within the City of Peachtree Corners.
- Assists public with understanding policies, procedures and ordinances relating to business tax, revenue, and alcohol licenses.
- Prepare daily bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering customer calls and responding to emails.
- Prepares and updates a variety of departmental reports including monthly reports for City Council, Department Heads, and Open Records Requests, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and scanning electronic files and records.
- Ability to comprehend and apply the ordinances, regulations, policies, and procedures of the City.
- Ensure City Code compliance for businesses operating in City limits within the bounds of federal, state, and local laws.
- Processing other revenue payments such as franchise fees, excise taxes, municipal court, open records requests, film permits, special events, online store, etc.
- Prepares and retrieves information for the City’s annual audit.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform multiple and concurrent tasks, often under time constraints and/or in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Associate degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field with one to three years of Accounts Receivable, local government, or related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
- Knowledge of BS&A Software
- Prior Business Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) experience
- Prior local government experience
Employment with the City of Peachtree Corners is at-will in accordance with Georgia law.
The City of Peachtree Corners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include with your resume at least 3 professional references.
Deadline for applying: Open until filled.