Detective – Ringgold Police Department
The City of Ringgold is accepting applications for the position of Detective. Job duties include investigating and prosecuting criminal cases, apprehending wanted criminals, handling calls for service when needed, documenting and preparing reports and case files, as well as handling other duties as needed. We are part of a thriving local economy that is steadily growing but happily maintains that small hometown feel. Ringgold is the county seat of Catoosa County and is a gateway city to travelers coming to our state from Interstate 75.
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- High School graduate or obtained a recognized equivalent
- Free from any felony convictions or a sufficient number of misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law
- Fingerprinted for both a state and federal criminal records check
- Good moral character as determined by an investigation
- Free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect his/her exercise of the powers or duties of a peace officer
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Qualified applicants must be Georgia P.O.S.T. certified with prior law enforcement experience (preferably three years or more). Applicants must be able to pass an extensive background check to include driver’s history and criminal history, psychological screen, oral interview, written examination, and pre-employment drug screen.
Officers in the Criminal Investigation Division typically work eight-hour shifts Monday through Friday, though some extended hours are unavoidable at times. Detectives maintain a rotating on-call schedule but benefit from having a take home car (residence location within 20 miles of the City limits).
Other benefits include:
Medical Insurance: 70% paid by City for family coverage
100% paid by City for individual employee
Paid time off (Vacation, Holiday, Sick)
Competitive pay based on experience
Interested individuals should complete a City of Ringgold Employment application that can be found at www.cityofringgoldga.gov
Please contact Chief Jennifer Jones at email@example.com
or (706) 935-3066 for more information.