Full-Time Firefighter/ PM and Firefighter/EMT A/I
Gilmer County Fire Rescue has immediate openings for Full-Time Firefighter/PM and Firefighter /EMT A/I
The purpose of these positions is to perform Fire Department and EMS emergency and non-emergency operations including but not limited to: basic firefighting skills; emergency medical care; complete and submit reports; and perform a variety of staff support functions and, other assigned tasks.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Georgia Firefighter Certification or NPQ I or II Certification Required.
- State of Georgia EMT or Paramedic Certification Required.
- Ability to meet and maintain current requirements set forth by the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council and the Georgia Department of Health.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides protection of life and property; suppresses, controls, and extinguishes fires; performs search rescue, and extrication of victims, and forcible entries; Respond to alarms, medical assistance, natural disasters, hazardous materials incidents and first response in emergency situations.
- Provides basic life support (BLS) and/or advanced life support (ALS) services; performs detailed subjective and objective patient assessments within established protocols, stabilization, and treatment; coordinates emergency care procedures with authorized emergency hospital staff.
- Provides protection of life
- Compose and maintain daily reports.
- Drives, operates, and monitors a variety of fire/emergency vehicles/apparatus as needed; determines best route to reach location of emergency calls, performs driving functions in a safe and efficient manner under various conditions, including day/night hours, in congested traffic, in adverse weather conditions and in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits; positions apparatus and equipment for optimal use of equipment and hose.
- Excellent Public Relations skills required.
- Attends required training, meetings, and alarms regularly.
- Must demonstrate dependable regular attendance.
- Must be adaptable to performing under considerable stress when confronted with an emergency.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of firefighting/EMT machines, equipment, and/or tools.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 125 pounds at least one hundred (100) feet.
- Must be able to exert up to one hundred (100) pounds of force occasionally, and/or lift fifty (50) pounds frequently.
- Other duties may be required and assigned.
Starting pay for these positions are; $53,658.25 FF/PM and $41,717.40 FF/EMT A/I annually, depending on certifications, licensure, and qualifications. Additional $2.00 per hour Ambulance Assignment.
These positions offer the following benefits for all full-time employees; medical, dental, vision, long & short disability insurance, 457(b) retirement account with match contributions, as well as accident & cancer insurance.
All applicants are required to complete an official Gilmer County employment application. Employment applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners office located at 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540, or found online at http://www.gilmercounty-ga.gov/. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application. Please drop off your application at the Board of Commissioner’s office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will be required to submit a post-offer Criminal History/Background check along with a pre-employment drug screen.