Serves as Environmental Control Specialist and is primarily responsible for providing administrative, outreach, and planning services for the HCD Georgia Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant Program. This position leads and is responsible for collaboration efforts with citizens of Augusta Richmond County and all other third party partners to reduce lead in housing. This involves overseeing the work of external partners, helping identify families eligible for lead hazard reduction projects, and executing all administrative functions related to the HCD Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant Program including setting goals, and writing reports. This position will work daily with the Lead Hazard Control Supervisor to eliminate lead-based paint hazards in homes to successfully reduce lead poisoning in Augusta Richmond County residences built before 1978. This position reports to the Lead Hazard Control Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and implements all administrative, marketing & outreach, and planning duties associated with the day to day operations of the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant Program to include but not limited to: a) educating health care professionals, parents, Augusta, GA community, and all other third partners about the hazards of lead poisoning and the methods for reducing the sources of lead, b) identifying and leading process of testing residences with lead-based paint hazards, and c)providing lead hazard reduction and relocation for residents where applicable.
- Conducts site visit interviews, manages program funding, and administers environmental reviews, lead assessments, quality control monitoring during environmental and lead-based paint hazard work to ensure code of federal regulation compliance with all U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development/Georgia Department of Health specifications rules, and with description of work. Inspects work and progress of projects and coordinates abatement, environmental record reviews, writing specifications, preparing/soliciting/procuring bids, tracking program budget and approving payment of invoice/draws. Monitors quality control during environmental and lead hazard work to ensure compliance with description of work.
- Develops, teaches, and implements a lead-based paint hazard reduction strategic action plan, in support of the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant Program, that includes (but not limited to) programmatic elements such as primary prevention, customer service orientation, unit production, production tracking, health and housing partnerships, flexibility and responsiveness, lead poisoning prevention, lead safe unit plan, HUD compliancy, local support, etc.
- Assist with conducting and developing site visits, all environmental review activities, review and assist in performing lead risk assessments, developing descriptions of work, releasing bid packages to qualified pool of contractors, awarding contract to low bidder, monitoring work in progress for compliance with job specifications.
- Administers and builds networks throughout public and private sectors, attends meetings for purpose of presenting Lead-Based Paint Hazard program, reporting, establishing goals and timetables, clarifying mutual expectations, evaluating results, required reports, involving a variety of source materials requiring considerable knowledge of policies and procedures and working knowledge of program guidelines; follows up on projects; transmits information; maintains knowledge of department activities; organizes special events, workshops and related activities; and assists in a variety of department operations as assigned. Markets the program, guides applicants through the application process to include client intake, determined eligibility and gathers all required application documentation, and screens applicants to determine when multiple funding sources are applicable and beneficial.
- Prepares and reviews all environmental issues ensuring compliance with mandated state and federal requirements; conducts TIER review processes and conduct clearance tests. Monitoring quality control during environmental and lead hazard work to ensure compliance with description of work. He/she will provide scheduled status updates and written reports as required.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Monitoring work in process and ensuring that all work is completed within budget/according to the specifications and within federal, state and local guidelines.
- Screens, arranges and recommends relocation assistance, if needed.
Education: High School Diploma, G.E.D, or Associates degree in Community Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other related field. (Based on experience.)
Five (5) years of experience in housing rehabilitation programs, lead-based reduction programs, construction processes, community development, business administration or related field with High School Diploma or G.E.D,
Three (3) years of experience in housing rehabilitation program, lead-based reduction programs, construction processes, community development, business administration or related filed with an Associate’s Degree.
- Environmental Reviews
- Federal and State housing regulatory requirements
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Rules
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities among various agencies and monitor performance according to contracts
- Proficiency in office automation programs and preparing reports for management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work with diverse groups of people
- Strong quantitative analysis knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, orally and in writing
- Ability to compile data and produce clear and comprehensive reports
- Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures
- Proficiency in computer software systems, most notably ALL Microsoft Applications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong experience and technical knowledge in single family and multi-family housing development
Licensing: Possession of a valid driver’s license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment. ***This position requires driving a county vehicle.***