Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting To: City Clerk,CAO
Department: City Hall
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Baldwin, GA
Under the direction of the City Clerk, this position carries an array of clerical and administrative duties. Provides office support to the administrative staff at City Hall including emailing, photocopying, filing, sending routine letters, answering the phone and transferring calls to appropriate staff as well as other duties as assigned. The Administrative Assistant will also be cross-trained to assist the Utility Billing Department when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates effectively; both orally and in writing with customers, co-workers, and others, providing feedback and strong problem solving.
- Ability to brainstorm with others, collaborates well on team projects.
- Directly interact with customers (in person, by phone or e-mail).
- Records details of every action taken; such as complaints, comments and inquiries from customers, and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Works effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Payment processing, posting of cash receipts utilizing utility software, daily ledger entries and daily bank deposit creations, and accounts receivable documentation and maintenance, only when requested.
- Process requests for service connection and disconnection, customer inquiries regarding water consumption, leaks and service requests, only when filling in for the Utility Billing team.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Suite) for data entry, email and document preparation.
- Completes work and projects in a thorough and timely manner with strong accuracy with attention to detail. Understand and follows directions from supervisor, as well as city administration.
- Reliable with punctual attendance and professional manner.
- Performs other work-related tasks, as assigned.
- Assists in annual financial audit and water audit preparation.
- High School Graduate, GED or Equivalent/ Relevant Work Experience
- Operation of 10-key by touch preferred
- Strong and Effective Customer Service Skills
- Intermediate-Level Microsoft Suite Proficiency
- Strong reading and written/verbal/ e-mail communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all work areas, including cash receipts and monetary transactions
- Ability to properly handle confidential information
- Well organized and methodical
- Professional and polite
- Ability to prioritize tasks by level of importance
- Pass Background Check
- Pass Drug Test
Based on Experience
*All Applicants are considered for any position with the City of Baldwin regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or genetic information.