The Capital Projects Coordinator is responsible for project development and coordination of the city’s capital improvement program from initial project definition, scope, and budgeting to completion of construction and warranty period. Work involves a variety of tasks associated with coordination and oversight of capital projects, including budget preparation and management, researching, applying for, and managing capital related grants, oversight of capital purchases, procurement and contract development and administration, developing standard reporting and status updates to the City Manager, and other general administrative responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual capital budgets.
- Coordinates with other departments on capital projects and capital planning
- Manages Capital Improvement Plan projects, including construction activities, which
includes: proposing new projects; presenting projects to applicable advisory committees
for review and approval; composing and assembling construction contracts, plans, and
related documents; advertising, bidding, evaluating, negotiating, and executing
professional consultant contracts.
- Managing, directing, and coordinating consultant engineering and architectural design.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Researching, analyzing, and resolving construction and project problems
- Reviewing and approving pay applications in coordination with management staff and finance; processing change orders as needed.
- Participates in inter-departmental project development, review, and coordination, which includes working with internal departments in developing project scope, budget, design, and construction issues.
- Gathers and analyzes data in order to respond to complaints from citizens. Makes recommendations for solutions based on research findings.
- Analyze and interpret data making recommendations for the solution of Citywide or departmental problems.
- Performs a variety of administrative and professional activities in support of departmental operations and goals.
- Analyze trends and produce forecasts; conduct surveys as needed.
- Make recommendations to management for long-range planning.
- Assist professional staff with the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of new and existing capital programs or projects by providing administrative support.
- Prepare reports and presentations for management which reflect performance and statistical data.
- Attend meetings related to assigned projects which may include City Council meetings, planning sessions, staff meetings, committee or commission meetings, departmental meetings, etc.
- Perform other assignments, duties, and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration or other related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the functions of the position.