The City of Fairburn has the following position available:
Account Clerk 1
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
This is a non-exempt, hourly position responsible for collecting a variety of payments for the City, including utility and property tax payments.
Each position in this classification may not include all the duties listed below, nor do the examples cover all duties that may be performed.
Under general supervision:
- Collects utility, property tax and other payments owed to the City.
- Opens new accounts for utility customers.
- Assists in handling customer inquiries at walk-in window and front counter.
- Reconciles utility funds received daily to the computer-generated edit list.
- Prepares cash and check payment totals for the daily bank deposit.
- Enters all utility fund receipts into Cash Receipt system daily.
- Handles billing and payment inquiries via computerized billing system.
- Backs-up Account Clerk II, as necessary.
- Performs all filing for Accounts Payable.
- Prepares office supply orders for the Finance Department.
- Cross-trains in other Accounting and utility-customer service functions.
- Serves as back-up to Receptionist (City Hall Front Desk).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Two (2) or more years of cash-balancing experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to speak and understand fluent Spanish is preferred, but not mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in use of basic mathematics using a calculator.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard office equipment.
- Skill in performing general office related duties such as answering the phone, typing, filing, and use of office computer.
- Skill in performing cashier duties and maintaining accurate account funds.
- Ability to perform end-of-day cash balancing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to satisfy background and credit check requirements.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Finance Director.
The work is typically performed in an office environment while standing or sitting at a counter, desk or table.
The work is typically performed indoors, in an office setting. Some outdoor work may be required, and the employee may be exposed to temperatures of cold and heat, or other inclement weather.
To apply for this position, please go to our website www.fairburn.com. Should you have any questions contact Abril Montano in the HR Department 770 964-2244 x111.
This position will close on 11/30/2021