Approximately 5,500 employees from all backgrounds embody the Muscogee County School District. We offer opportunities for everyone including support personnel, teachers, leaders, tradespeople, and much more.
Join the Muscogee County School District in “Creating We” in an environment that values the unique experiences and perspectives each of us brings to our community.
Muscogee County School District has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Total Rewards to join our team and serve as a change agent and provides leadership and functional expertise in the development, implementation, and administration including but not limited to, compensation & benefits programs, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated analysis as well as oversight of all insurances, paid time off, and retirement plans.
The person in this role will develop, lead, and implement accurate, effective, and efficient workflow and processes for all employment actions as well as ensure compliance with all federal, state, state, and local requirements. The manager will make decisions based on data and research to support recommendations that support recruitment and retention of employees; as well as, work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, present, and provide statistical data and budget projections.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes, develops, recommends, implements, and oversees all job description review requests while ensuring equity and trends nationally, statewide, and locally (e.g. classification and compensation programs and plans, etc.) ensuring a consistent and equitable compensation structure that supports the recruitment and retention needs.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Information Services, ERP Team, Finance, Payroll, etc.) streamlining and automating processes and workflows to reduce or eliminate potential gaps to support and improve the employee experience.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and oversees the benefits and wellness programs and plans ensuring a variety of programs are available that represent the school district as a whole and support the "Creating We" mission, vision, and values.
- Oversees the data integrity and completion of reappointment actions for each FY (e.g. Pay Utility, Pay Assignments, Calendars, Pay Periods, etc.) effectively, efficiently, and accurately ensuring the data integrity of all processes creation and required deadlines.
- Oversees all Human Capital Management (HCM) system transactions including but not limited to New Employee onboarding process, teacher contracts, salary calculations, retiree work eligibility ensuring the onboarding and support protocols are in place for all employees while ensuring the accurate, effective and efficient data entry is completed and compliance with federal, state local, and district requirements.
- Oversees the data integrity and maintenance of online documents, files, and records (e.g. personnel files, CPI, Benchmark, other statistics, etc.) to provide information when requested from internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees the data integrity and completion of all surveys and reporting needs; including but not limited to salary surveys, EEO survey, census surveys, New positions, Certified Personnel Information (CPI), Retirement Survey, Annual Salary Turnover, Retro Pay Utility, etc. ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local needs but also to determine and monitor compensation competitiveness, internal equity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversees, develops, and implements processes and workflows using data-driven analysis and metrics while assessing and monitoring the effectiveness of ongoing programs and initiatives across the district and within the Division of Human Resources.
- Serves as Benefits Lead and partners with Benefits Third-Party Vendor overseeing the review, communication, and implementation of (e.g. Dental, Short-Term, Life, ACA) programming; including but not limited to, the annual benefit programs, benefit changes, open enrollment processes wellness & health initiatives, etc.
- Serves as Human Capital Management (HCM) system expert providing training, sharing up-to-date changes, implementing effective and efficient process workflows and changes, providing accurate information meeting required needs of the Division of Human Resources.
- Supervises Office of Total Rewards ensuring data integrity, professional development, enhancing productivity and ensuring necessary outcomes are achieved and serve the Strategic Plan and "Creating We" mission.
To be successful in this role, you need to be collaborative and comfortable working on a team while strategically developing strategies to meet the needs of short and long-term goal planning related to the Division of Human Resources. This role will be forward-facing and embrace building relationships throughout Columbus but across Georgia as well. The Manager will serve as a thought partner and ensure continued innovation around providing employees with effective communication, resources, and service.