Position: Human Resource Generalist (FT) Department: Human Resources
Annual Starting Salary: DOQ FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: December 22, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and implementing a full range of human resources, benefits, and training programs.
- Assists the Human Resources Director with ensuring overall compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations by providing specialized technical and administrative duties that support the operations of the department.
- Organizes, schedules, and conducts New Employee Orientation, Open Enrollment meetings, Safety and Wellness Program activities, DOT Training and other county-wide training programs; assists with the development and creation of employee training materials.
- Performs claims management of all work-related injuries, acts as the liaison between the employee and medical providers, claims examiners and supervisors. Receive and review all doctor’s notes and communicate to departments relevant information. Schedules appointments and coordinates the filing of first reports and submission of all claims information to insurer.
- Performs case management of all personal leave of absence requests including FMLA, Short-term and Long-Term Disability, acts as the liaison between the employee and medical providers, claims examiners and supervisors. Receive and review all doctor’s notes and communicate to departments relevant information. Coordinate Return to Work Program by working with supervisors and doctors to ensure accommodation of any restrictions.
- Participates in the selection and recruitment process including preparation and posting of job vacancies announcements to newspapers and websites. Process all applicant files, pre-screens applications, complete applicant tracking, contact applicants to schedule interview and may sit in on interview panels in the absence of the HR Director, may research and prepare interview questions and packets, and conduct reference checks.
- Facilitate daily activities including payroll, reviewing all changes prior to entry to ensure accuracy of documents.
- Assists new hires with the completion of employment forms, ensures all paperwork is complete, conducts E-Verifications, and reviews records and changes for accuracy.
- Ensures all employees are enrolled in insurance and benefit programs, answers policy questions, ensures benefit deductions and changes are set-up.
- Participates in financial audits for payroll and worker’s compensation, audit payroll process and resolve payroll issues. Oversee the processing of W-2 reports, 1094-C and 1095-C reporting, garnishments and tax levies and tax reporting.
- Assists with implementation and testing of new software such as HRIS, payroll and time and attendance.
- Participate in the administration of the DOT Drug and Alcohol Program.
- Assists with reviewing and updating the Employee Handbook and Policy Guidelines, Safety Manuals, Department SOP’s; ensure distribution and communication materials; and explains personnel policies and procedures to all employees.
- Works with website vendors to ensuring the design and update of the Human Resources website and other forms.
- Responds to requests for information from employees and/or the general public over the phone, in person, and via e-mail regarding a variety of procedures, programs, job opportunities, and/or other related information.
- Research, compiles, and analyzes a variety of data and information; and prepares related reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public Administration, Risk Management, Organization and Employee Development or related discipline with three years of human resources, personnel administration, policy development, risk assessment, employee training, organizational development or related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Minimum 1-year experience with HRIS and processing payroll utilizing automated payroll systems and/or time and attendance records.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screening prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.