The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
JOB OPENING: Posting Date January 3, 2022
Post will remain open Until Filled
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Pay to Commensurate with Experience
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing and overseeing the human resource functions of
the county government.
1. Directs daily human resources operations, including ensuring compliance with all state and federal
2. Oversees the development and administration of the department budget; reviews and approves
3. Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
4. Plans, coordinates, administers, and evaluates programs, procedures, and services.
5. Assists departments in the determination of personnel standards as needed; assists in the development of
6. Supervises the maintenance of county personnel records; manages the computerized record keeping
7. Reviews, develops, and recommends changes to county personnel policies and procedures.
8. Develops personnel requisition forms; discusses job requirements with requesting department directors to
ensure proper posting of vacant positions.
9. Assists in the development and maintenance of job descriptions.
10. Coordinates the employee recruitment and hiring process to include testing and new employee orientation.
11. Oversees employee grievance and disciplinary appeals processes.
12. Oversees workers’ compensation and risk management programs.
13. Oversees employees training, safety, and wellness programs.
14. Serves as county liaison to the Employee Clinic.
15. Negotiates and implements benefits programs.
16. Supervises county compliance with the county-wide and Federal Transportation Authority drug testing
programs, including Title VI compliance.
17. Serves as liaison for the E-Verify and SAVE programs.
18. Responsible for overseeing retirement programs.
Preferred Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public
Administration, Risk Management, Organization and Employee Development or a four (4) year degree in a
closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of five (5) years related work experience in a similar size city or county human resources
department; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively manage the department.
Preferred GLGPA Certified Human Resource Manager.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of modern personnel administration, methods, and supervision.
Knowledge of personnel management laws and practices.
Knowledge of record keeping, basic accounting, and budgeting procedures.
Ability to prepare and present effective oral and written informational material.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Skill in operating office equipment including a computer.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive/Calendar, Outlook etc.
Proficient with operating a smartphone; text/multimedia messaging, emails, social media apps.
1) All inquiries, applications and background consent paperwork should be obtained
from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800
LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com.
2) Post offer negative drug test required. Catoosa County is an Equal Opportunity