The City of Fairburn has the following position available:
Facilities Maintenance Technician
STATUS: Full-time hourly non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay).
SCHEDULE: Normal operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (schedule flexibility is available to
accommodate needs of the City).
REPORTS TO: Director of Building & Property Management
This is an hourly, non-exempt position responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks of buildings and property owned or operated by the City. Incumbent performs a wide range of duties in the areas of building construction, maintenance and minor repairs to include, but not limited to air conditioning, appliances, carpentry, drywall, electrical, flooring, heating and cooling, conventional kitchen, restroom remodeling, painting, plumbing, pressure washing, roofing and window and door replacement.
Under General Supervision:
- Identifies and requests supplies needed for tasks to perform preventive maintenance and repair work on buildings and systems.
- Prepares a weekly work schedule.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Measures and cuts materials and performs other general labor duties.
- Paints, remodels, and refurbishes areas as needed; performs touch-up and finish painting.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs.
- Ensures proper disposal of trash and other building and repair materials.
- Responds in a courteous, timely, and effective manner to the needs, concerns and expectations of the City’s internal and external customers.
- Attends specialized training, including safety and other training, as required by management.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Works a flexible work schedule in the best interest of the City if needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of related experience in the area of facilities maintenance.
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class C (Commercial) Georgia drivers’ license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
One or more of the following certifications preferred, but not mandatory:
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician (CMRT)
- Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT)
- International Maintenance Institute (IMI)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of a wide range of repair and maintenance techniques and construction work.
- Knowledge of general mechanical and electrical principles.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards in regard to performing work duties.
- Skill in repairing and performing general maintenance activities.
- Skill in the use of operating hand and power tools, vehicles, and related light & medium duty equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Skill and comfort level with the use of a ladder to complete repairs as necessary.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Ability to safely perform carpentry, drywall, electrical, flooring, heating and cooling, remodeling, painting, plumbing work, pressure washing, roofing, windows and doors, and other related construction related duties.
- Ability to calculate and produce cost estimates.
- Ability to follow verbal and instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and the general public.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to the citizens and other customers of the City.
- Ability to exercise sound and effective judgment within established City guidelines.
- Ability to organize, to coordinate, and to complete duties to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work in environment involving high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress that requires a range of safety and other precautions.
- Ability to use protective clothing or equipment, such as masks, coats, vests, hard hats, boots, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Ability to perform limited travel as needed.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed with the employee standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee must frequently lift objects weighing between twenty-five (25) and up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in City buildings or outside in City parks or other outside areas. The employee is exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dirt, grease, and irritating chemicals. The work may require the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
To apply for this position, please go to our website www.fairburn.com. Should you have any questions contact Abril Montano in the HR Department 770 964-2244 x111.
This position will close on 06/30/2022