lease note: Application materials are only accepted for vacant advertised positions. Applications received for positions that are not posted will NOT be considered. You will need to complete a separate application for each position for which you would like to be considered.
To be considered for an advertised position, please submit via email a cover letter identifying the position you are applying for, a resume, and a list of five employment references to HR@stonecrestga.gov. Make sure to enter the position name as the subject of the email.
In addition to a competitive salary, full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision & Pharmacy benefits
- City paid group life insurance, with an opportunity to pay for additional coverage
- City paid accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- City paid short-term disability
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Inclusion into the City’s 401a Defined Contribution retirement plan - The City will contribute the equivalent of 11% of your salary into the plan. The plan vests at a rate of 20% per year, or 100% after completion of 5 years of service.
- Opportunity to defer a portion of your salary into a 457b Deferred Compensation plan. The City will match up to 4% of your deferred contribution (matched contribution is subject to vesting rule).
The City of Stonecrest is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, military status, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Open date: 12/12/2021
The essential function of the position is to provide organizational, administrative, and clerical support to a department. The position is responsible for preparing and typing documents and reports. The position also requires providing customer service to staff members and the public, answering phones, and greeting visitors, providing information as requested or referring to appropriate personnel or department. The position works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Major Duties & Qualifications
- Prepares documents such as correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets, e-mail, and work orders, observing strict confidentiality; performs research, as necessary
- Compiles information; performs data entry including maintaining electronic files and Boards and Committees records
- Performs occasional filing and maintains organization of the department files and file cabinets
- May serves as receptionist, screening telephone calls and greeting visitors; provides information, refers persons to appropriate department/personnel, or takes messages; communicates messages to supervisor or appropriate person in a timely manner
- Processes incoming departmental mail, routing letters and parcels as appropriate, and prepares outgoing mail and parcels
- Serves as courier for inter-departmental mail and to Federal Express or UPS as needed
- Maintains and troubleshoots office equipment
- Assists in coordinating departmental events, including ordering, and picking up food and supplies as needed, reserving, and setting up conference room or council chambers
- May attend staff, committee, and other professional meetings to take minutes; types and provides minutes to supervisor electronically for proof reading and distribution to appropriate personnel
Requires a high school diploma or GED, and the equivalent of two years of college or any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Georgia Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of city’s various departments
- Knowledge of city policies and procedures
- Knowledge and ability to use routine office equipment such as copier/scanner/fax machine, postage machine and complex phone system.
- Skill in public relations and customer service
- Skill in using personal computer to perform word processing and data-entry to generate documents, spreadsheets and data bases using related software applications with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and to exercise discretion in performing assigned job duties
- Ability to deal with a variety of factors and situations and to solve routine problems
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with city employees, city officials and the general public
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple assignments and projects in a work environment that can have frequent interruptions at times
On rare occasions, may work an adjusted schedule for assisting in events occurring after 5:00 p.m. such as meetings, or planned events.
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDED IN THIS CLASS SPECIFICATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE OTHERWISE QUALIFIED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB.