Please note: Application materials are only accepted for vacant advertised positions. Applications received for positions that are not posted will NOT be considered. You will need to complete a separate application for each position for which you would like to be considered.
To be considered for an advertised position, please submit via email a cover letter identifying the position you are applying for, a resume, and a list of five employment references to HR@stonecrestga.gov. Make sure to enter the position name as the subject of the email.
In addition to a competitive salary, full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision & Pharmacy benefits
- City paid group life insurance, with an opportunity to pay for additional coverage
- City paid accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- City paid short-term disability
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Inclusion into the City’s 401a Defined Contribution retirement plan - The City will contribute the equivalent of 11% of your salary into the plan. The plan vests at a rate of 20% per year, or 100% after completion of 5 years of service.
- Opportunity to defer a portion of your salary into a 457b Deferred Compensation plan. The City will match up to 4% of your deferred contribution (matched contribution is subject to vesting rule).
The City of Stonecrest is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, military status, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Open date: 1/4/2022
This position is responsible for directing the city’s purchasing functions of within the Finance Department. Work is performed independently under the direction of the Finance Director.
Major Duties & Qualifications
- Researches, analyzes and develops bid specifications for purchasing supplies, equipment, materials and services for the City; collects, reviews, and revises existing specifications, prepares solicitations for services and commodities in conjunction with requesting departments; and makes recommendations regarding product and/or professional services selections.
- Prepares and supervises the timely procurement of all goods, supplies and services needed, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Compiles vendor and supplier lists for bid and proposal distribution; distributes bids and proposals to qualified vendors and suppliers; researches vendors, suppliers, and market conditions; reviews bids and proposals from suppliers; evaluates supplier performance and contract compliance; verifies use of registered suppliers; answers questions from vendors and suppliers regarding the City’s purchasing policies and procedures, procurement laws, and other issues.
- Selects appropriate procurement methods, handles competitive solicitation process from inception to completion; prepares invitations to bid and request for proposals; obtains competitive quotes, bids and/or proposals from appropriate suppliers and vendors; analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals results; develop bid tabulations and evaluation committee cumulative score sheets, and makes award recommendations in accordance with the purchasing policy and procedures, local, state and federal procurement rules and regulations.
- Monitors recurring contracts for equipment, supplies and materials; process contract’s renewals and change orders; ensures specifications are up-to-date and prepares new solicitation for expiring annual contracts in collaboration with other City departments.
- Develops contracts and agreements; ensures awarded vendor complies with contract’s terms and conditions, such as pricing, delivery schedule, warranty, packaging, etc.; reviews change orders, negotiations, disputes and discrepancy resolutions; and utilizes standard County terms and conditions, terminology, documentation, and administrative purchase order procedures.
- Process and approve purchase orders and/or contract purchase agreements through City’s procurement system; obtains and maintains insurance coverage for contracts; facilitates meetings with internal and external customers.
- Directs the sale and disposal of city surplus property.
- Develops and conducts internal and external procurement training.
- Works closely with Finance Director in compilation of information for audited year-end reports and assists auditors at end of year.
- Provides information to the independent auditors in the annual audit of City financial transactions as instructed.
- Provides assistance to department staff and departments in the preparation and presentation of the City’s annual budget, financial audit reports, revenue administration and treasury management, implementation of auditor recommendations, and development of City-wide policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the Finance Director assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Develops standard operating procedures to enhance the operation of the department; ensures employees comply with city policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of procedures and requirements for procurement in local government.
Familiarity with relevant federal, state and local laws and city policies and procedures.
Proficiency in concepts of organizational management, operation of personal computer, both in general and specific to specialized software (i.e., spreadsheets, word processor, etc.), report preparation and mathematical calculations.
Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Demonstrated ability to work independently
On rare occasions, may work an adjusted schedule for assisting in events occurring after 5:00 p.m. such as meetings, or planned events.
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDED IN THIS CLASS SPECIFICATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE OTHERWISE QUALIFIED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB.