This is a full-time position and receives all benefits afforded to regular employees.
Summary: The purpose of this classification is to provide highly responsible and complex administrative and managerial assistance to the County Manager. To supervise the Customer Service Division in providing the citizens of Glynn County a centralized point of contact for county services. To coordinate responses to requests for open records from the public and other agencies while staying within the law of the Public Information Act. Coordinates dissemination and gathering of information to verify accuracy and completion of requests.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides complex administrative and managerial assistance to the County Manager; relieves County Manager of routine administrative tasks; screens telephone calls, mail, e-mail, and other communications and initiates appropriate action/response.
- Serves as liaison between the County Manager’s office and other county departments/divisions, department directors, staff members, county officials, the public, key community leaders, outside agencies, and all other individuals or organizations; conveys information to the County Manager.
- Conducts research on topics and issues as directed by the County Manager; collects, compiles, and analyzes information from various sources; interprets and presents data in appropriate format; identify alternatives and make recommendations.
- Coordinates with Glynn County offices and departments to acknowledge public records requests, seek clarification, search for, and review responsive records, provide responsive records, prepare required redaction logs and letters; and when applicable, direct requestors to other resources and information.
- Enters all relevant data of public records into the public records request tracking system. Takes the lead in situations where there is no obvious point of contact for a public records request. Corresponds with requestors in accordance with the Georgia Open Records Act (GORA) and Glynn County’s public records procedures.
- Coordinates communications with requestors, Glynn County offices, and departments. Consults with legal staff to assure compliance with public information laws. Processes, tracks, and manages public record requests in Glynn County's public records request system and assist other county offices and department staff.
- Supervises customer service activities in resolving various types of inquiries, problems or complaints regarding county services; monitors the status of complaints and requests in order to ensure proper resolution; troubleshoots difficult problem calls; supervise and assists with research of requests, problems and complaints and initiates appropriate action; receives reports, surveys, statistical data productivity data, etc. for review and analysis; compiles reports of call volume and resolution; maintains accurate records of customer service activities.
- Interviews and selects candidates to fill customer service positions; supervises, directs, train, and evaluates customer service staff; processes employee concerns and problems; directs work; completes employee performance appraisals; counsels’ employees and recommends disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, applicants, other departments, county officials, board/commission members, attorneys, public service agencies, vendors, sales representatives, consultants, the public, state/federal agencies, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work,
exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Assists with preparation of budget documents; conducts research in preparation for budget process; research potential cost savings; enters budgetary data into computer; completes budget transfer requests; assists in monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Performs miscellaneous or clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, entering data into computer, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, or filing documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental issues and documentation. Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience: Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a field related to assigned operation, or equivalent technical experience and certification; supplemented by four (4) years previous experience and/or training that includes administrative and management assistance work at a senior level, office administration (preferably in a municipal environment), supervisory experience, customer service, bookkeeping, records management, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Required Licenses: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
GLYNN COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
1725 REYNOLDS STREET BRUNSWICK GEORGIA 31520
GLYNN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
GLYNN COUNTY HAS A TOBACCO AND SMOKE-FREE POLICY