Position: Facilities Maintenance Technician (FT) Department: Facilities Management
Starting Salary: $14.13/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: April 28, 2022 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under general direction, performs work of average to considerable difficulty in as maintenance technician for Habersham County Facilities to include the primary fields of electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); carpentry, plumbing, etc.; and performs other tasks as assigned. Maintains 24 hours on call availability.
- Performs various plumbing tasks, such as installing or replacing fixtures, clearing stopped drains, and installing or replacing water valves and stem parts according to departmental standards and applicable codes.
- Performs various electrical tasks such as electrical testing, installing, or replacing receptacles and fixtures, changing ballasts, and installing breakers in fuse boxes in accordance with state, local and national codes.
- Repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs, and maintains building structures and equipment. Performs various rough carpentry tasks as assigned.
- Replace or update in-operable or old building materials and appliances to provide a safe, environment for employees using tools and materials necessary for renovation required.
- Plans and schedules corrective action and preventive maintenance to repair or modify defects and maintain operating condition, inspecting facilities, equipment, electrical, plumbing and work of vendors to determine safe conditions of equipment.
- Performs such preventive maintenance work on air conditioning systems as repairs, changing filters and cleaning coils. Adjusts and calibrates thermostats, HVAC and electric energy management systems to maintain a comfortable temperature for employees and proper equipment operation.
- Cleans and checks buildings and performs general maintenance work to maintain a clean, safe work area for employees using necessary tools and materials.
- Documents work and purchase orders, bids and material lists to account for materials purchased and time spent in completing work.
- Orders and stocks building supplies, materials and parts as needed by contacting state vendors and approved suppliers. Obtains telephone/written estimates and quotes of materials and equipment needed for repairs and the completion of job tasks using various forms.
- Communicates orally and in writing to notify supervisor and user groups of conditions of building and equipment and scheduling dates for repairs using a computer or telephone.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 301. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.