This position is responsible for directing and managing the public works operations and sanitation for the City of Winder, both of which are provided by contractors in a public private partnership. Contract services include maintaining the streets, sidewalks, rights-of-way, parks, public spaces, recreation areas and City buildings, collection and disposal of household waste, recycling, leaf and limb, and bulk waste.
Works independently with general guidance from the City Administrator or designee to ensure coordination of objectives and priorities of the Mayor and Council. Works under city policies, procedures, municipal code, and various state and federal regulations.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certification or candidate status as a professional community planner (AICP) is highly preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, environmental planning, or related field required or five years of related experience required.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtained legal work status.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to pass a credit check.
ADDENDUM FOR THE Director of Public Works JOB APPLICATION:
To be considered for the Director of Public Works open position, you must complete the following below:
- Complete the Online Job Application
- Upload your Resume to your online job application (The position is open until filled).
Full-Time regular employees are eligible for the City's benefit package.
City Health Insurance Benefits Include:
- Health Insurance-CIGNA HRA
- Health Insurance- Cigna H.S.A.
- Dental – 100% paid by the City for Single Employee
- Flexible Spending Account- TASC
- Short Term Disability-AFLAC-100% City Paid
- Long Term Disability-AFLAC-100% City Paid
- Basic Life- AFLAC- 2.5 Times Base Annual Income City Paid
- Dependent Life- AFLAC- $5,000 for eligible spouse and $2,500 for each eligible child City Paid
- Voluntary Life-AFLAC
- Group Accident-AFLAC
- Group Cancer-AFLAC
- Group Critical Illness-AFLAC
- Wellness Rewards Program-Medical Participant
- Donating Sick Leave
- Education Assistance Program
- EAP Program. 6 counseling sessions per year
- Pay In Lieu of Vacation
- Paid Funeral Time Off. A total of 6 days of funeral leave per fiscal year
- 401 (a) Retirement Plan: City 3% Contribution at 90 days of service
- 457(b) Retirement Plan: City Matching at 90 days of service up to 3% if employee enrolls and contributes at least 3%