The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:Qualified applicants may apply via our website by downloading an application packet at cityofcovington.org or may apply in person at the City of Covington, 2194 Emory Street, Covington, Georgia 30014. This position will remain open until 4:00 PM on Tuesday, May 27, 2022. The City of Covington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performs skilled, technical, and administrative work in maintaining the facilities and equipment of the City under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance Manager and Community Development Director. This position will facilitate interdepartmental coordination and communication on multi-departmental projects to ensure that projects are processed and administered in a timely manner. Work requires the independent and requires technical expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in the planning and coordination of new construction and remodeling of City buildings.
• Assists in creating RFPs (Request for Proposals), bid process, and makes recommendations on responses.
• Maintains equipment and infrastructure through the life of the project.
• Assists in the post-project maintenance to ensure that each project will meet minimum standards and succeed through the projected life of the project.
• Assists Facilities Maintenance Manager and Special Projects Coordinator in design and development of City-wide projects, including parks and trails.
• Assists with community development projects by coordinating the project concept, planning, budgeting and contracting to ensure quality services are delivered to improve the quality of life for residents and businesses.
• Assists Facilities Maintenance Manager in completing projects as listed on the City of Covington Comprehensive Plan.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and two (2) years of experience relating to construction, maintenance, or repairs. Any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the work.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work with the public and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and all city personnel.
• Ability to be organized and pay attention to details.
• Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers or City staff.
Possession of a valid State of Georgia driver's license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Construction tools such as: tape measure, volt-amp meter, electric saws and drills, nail guns, etc. Personal computer, Microsoft Office Suite, BS&A and other computer software; motor vehicle; calculator; phone; copy and fax machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as angry/hostile employees or residents.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The City of Covington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.